10 things I do when I’m unhappy
February 11, 2010 § Leave a comment
I do these when I’m unhappy……I believe you should:
1. Turn on any happy song that is upbeat, get off your ass, and dance! Dance anyway that feels good. Just remember it’s impossible to dance a wrong way, so don’t worry about being ‘right’.
2. Sing in the shower, in the car, while cleaning, while doing the dishes, while vacuuming, while sitting, while standing… etc. Do it while blasting music or your Ipod. OR just sing with no music in the background.
3. Eat a little chocolate. Not too much, but definitely not too little.
4. Smile for no reason, anywhere and everywhere.
5. Go out of your way to be kind. Ask someone who looks like they need help if they could use a hand regardless of what you think about them.
6. Go somewhere you love, with someone you love. Spend as much time with your loved ones, and try not to take them for granted. When you least expect it, they could be gone.
7. Exercise! Exercising releases the endorphins which is the same hormone released when you feel happy. Also the healthier you are, the less likely you are to being unhappy.
8. Drink a cup of tea in front of a fire.
9. Make something cool for someone. Cookies, art, love, a card…
10. Forgive and forget. Let go and look forward to the future. The future is bright!